Just add water, milk & sugar. Suitable for vegetarians. Original Custard since 1837 Bird’s® is the original custard brand, established in 1837 and loved by generations ever since. Bird’s Custard is made and served in millions of homes where proper custard is at the heart of a good pud!
- Contains Eggs
- Contains Milk
- Contains Wheat
- Strawberry Flavour Jelly Crystals: Sugar, Gelling Agent (Carrageenan), Acid (Adipic Acid), Cream of Tartar, Stabiliser (Carboxymethyl Cellulose), Flavouring, Colours (Beetroot Red, Annatto), Acidity Regulator (Potassium Phosphate), Sweetener (Saccharin),
- Custard Powder: Maize Starch, Salt, Flavouring, Colour (Annatto),
- Trifle Topping Mix: Fully Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Palm Kernel, Palm), Sugar, Emulsifiers (Propylene Glycol Esters of Fatty Acids, Lecithins), Modified Maize Starch, Whey Powder (Milk), Lactose (Milk), Milk Proteins, Anti-Caking Agent (Silicon Dioxide), Stabiliser (Carboxymethyl Cellulose), Flavouring, Colour (Carotenes),
- Trifle Sponge Fingers: Sugar, Wheat Flour, Whole Egg, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Raising Agent (Ammonium Carbonates), Milk Proteins, Flavouring, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid),
- Chocolate Flavoured Sugar Sprinkles: Sugar, Wheat Starch, Wheat Flour, Vegetable Fats (Palm, Shea), Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Emulsifier (Lecithins), Glazing Agents (Gum Arabic, Shellac)
|Per 100g as prepared||Per 217g portion as prepared|
|of which Saturates||1.6g||3.5g|
|of which Sugars||10.6g||23.0g|
This pack contains 6 portions
Prepare and Use
The perfect Bird’s Trifle in a few easy steps! All you need About 700ml (1 1/4 pints) of milk 2 tbsp (35g) of sugar 425ml (3/4 pint) boiling water A large trifle bowl or serving dish Makes 6 portions Directions 1 Make jelly and leave to cool for 10 minutes. 2 Make custard and leave to cool until jelly has set. 3 Break each sponge finger into 4 pieces, place in a serving dish and cover with the cooled jelly. Refrigerate for 30 – 40 mins. 4 Spoon cooled custard over the surface of the jelly and leave to cool completely. 5 Make the topping, swirl over the cooled trifle and scatter the chocolate sprinkles over the top. You make it special Use skimmed, semi-skimmed, whole, coconut or almond milk to make your perfect custard. Vary the milk quantity in the custard and/or topping for your desired consistency. Add more or less sugar to suit your taste. Add fresh fruit of your choice* with the sponge fingers before adding the jelly. Top with sliced fruit or grate a little more chocolate over the top. *NB adding fresh kiwi, pineapple or papaya will prevent the jelly from setting. See sachets for full step-by-step instructions
Premier Foods, PO Box 216, Thame, OX9 0DU.